Donating Goods & Services
In-Kind Gift Policy
Abbott House actively engages the community in as many ways as possible to help support the needs of children, families and adults with complex needs. Our goal is to maximize community resources in the most efficient and effective way to maintain the safety, health and dignity of those in our care.
In-Kind Gift Donation Guidelines:
In-Kind items will only be accepted if they meet the highest standards of health, safety, and dignity for those in our care. Abbott House reserves the right to refuse a donation if it does not meet the below standards.
- Abbott House can only accept new clothing, new toys/games, and gently used and washed/sorted clothing. If gently used, all clothing must arrive washed, sorted by size (if applicable), free of holes, tears, rips etc and show only minor wear and tear.
- Furniture will be accepted if condition is deemed satisfactory, there is an identified need for the furniture, and there is a place to store the furniture at Abbott House. Local pickups only. Email your furniture photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back to you shortly.
- Abbott House will not accept any item that is broken, damaged, in jeopardy of falling apart (i.e. on its last legs), or if the condition in any way dos not preserve the dignity of those in our care.
- Abbott House does NOT accept:
- Used matresses
- Undergarments (unless new and unopened)
- Shoes (unless new and unopened)
Interested in donating your time and/or services?
Fill out a volunteer application and someone will be in touch with you shortly.